The VFW is all about Veterans who answered their country’s Call to Duty.We are active in helping veterans in need of assistance, their widows and children and various charities throughout Pattaya. Come pay us a visit, socialize and find out how to successfully live in Thailand as an expat. Our Post meetings on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. Guests are welcome. On all other Tuesdays, those of us that can, gather for a general chitchat. Please see the Post Activities Schedule for monthly group events.
Also, visit us on our Facebook Page
1. The post is showing life again we have 5 new transfers, 6 new members and 1 reinstatement. Thanks to all who helped make this possible in such a short time.
2. We just completed our first bowling league tournament and a “Congratulations” goes out to the unstoppable Comrade Harold Hart, our Post Adjutant. Bowling practice will start on 6 Sept.and a new tournament will start in the new year at a date TBD.
3 Several Comrades attended the District 5 meeting held in Bangkok on 18 August 2018. Skip Storno presented a motion to donate funds in the name of Dr, Nick to the mission hospital in Bangkok. District 5 has postponed their decision until the next District 5 meeting for the purpose of searching the legality of the donation. Great job to those getting involved.
4. Our wives club is staying involved and showing unity. Some of the wives spent a day in Bangkok shopping and sightseeing during the District 5 meeting.
5. Our Fantasy Football League had their draft day on 29 Aug. This should be a great season and hopefully a different winner can surface.
6. Our Game Day is still going on every Wednesday at 1300 and we are still looking for more participants.
7. Our Service Officer, Comrade Mike Warner, continues to do a great job assisting our comrades and widows. He is at the Post from 1100 until his work is done every Tuesday and Thursday.
8. We are proposing to order new Post Shirts. Hopefully these will be a better shade of blue than our last shirts. Please contact me or Comrade Eric Larsen for sizes and quantity requested.
9. Please feel free to contact me anytime for Post issues and recommendations.